Life Lessons I’ve Learned So Far
Blessed to be starting a new lap around the Sun this month!
Typically at birthdays, my friends and I will hang out and talk about life lessons that we’ve learned so far over some beers.
At this age, I feel that I’ve learned so much, and at the same time… had to also unlearn stuff that was holding me back as a person.
So here are some important life lessons that I’ve learned up to this point. (Some are mine and some are gathered)
- No amount of money will ever replace the privilege of being able to wake up the following morning with another chance and choice to do something. I’ve learned to never take that for granted.
- Problems are only temporary. Gotta keep pushing forward. Stay on course.
- Sometimes life deals terrible cards, but it’s up to you on how you play them at the table. It’s okay to fold, sit out, and wait for the next hand.
- It’s not the lack of talent that holds most of us back, it’s the fear of making sacrifices.
- Missed opportunities are worse than failure or rejection.
- Your examples, not opinions, change the world.
- Don’t argue with people who aren’t mature enough to understand different perspectives. You’re wasting your time.
- It’s better to put it out there and realize that you’re wrong then to keep it inside and think that you’re right.
- Sometimes the destination isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Focus on the journey.
- Want to know how much someone cares about you? Figure out how they fit you into their schedule.
- Be understanding. But don’t be a fool.
- Not everything is going to make sense to you. You’re not God.
- Every situation doesn’t deserve a reaction. Get some popcorn and just watch them do their thing.
- Life lessons will be repeated until they are learned.
- And… Get money and hang out with people who care about you.